Blog #9

Mo Amir’s statement from interview: “For me, it was just building block” really captured my thoughts on the use of my PLN beyond the course (Miller, 2021, 7:41). It may seem like the PLN is limited because it was primarily developed to fulfil course objectives, but to look at it that way diminishes the power that it holds. It provides me with a strong foundation and building blocks to continue to develop my PLN, allowing for me to continue to use it beyond the confines of this course. I believe that my current PLN, as it stands today, will be useful in furthering both my academic and professional career.

In reviewing my current PLN, I can see potential for professional growth. As Amir said, even if you do not know the right people quite yet, people within your group might know those people and can help put you in touch if the connection is strong enough (Miller, 2021). This may be one of my current limitations is that my PLN is still newish and there is still room for growing and furthering those connections; however, if I continue to work on it, it will provide me with a way to reach others who may have previously seemed unobtainable.

In reflecting on my PLN, it is going to be important for me to continue using it beyond the course and to continue to show those within my network how I am growing and developing, because that is what will help me most to ensure I can use it for professional growth and development. There are a few people within my PLN who I believe could help set me on the right track, help me be in the right place at the right time for professional opportunities, but the only way to make this happen is to keep working with those individuals, and to continue growing my PLN to make sure I always have plenty of opportunities within my circle.

I believe that if I continue to work with my PLN, it will remain a useful tool for me, even beyond this course. I have heard personal success stories from some people within my PLN of how they used their network to grow their careers, how knowing the right people helped them tremendously to get where they are today. I want to be sure that I am doing the same and I plan to continue utilizing my PLN beyond the course to give myself the chance to achieve the success I know I can achieve.

Miller. (2021, October 24). Mo Amir – EDCI podcast [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgoDet6pwaI

2 thoughts on “Blog #9

1. Hi Chloe, I agree with you that PLN is a useful tool that can provide a way for us to reach people who previously seemed unreachable. PLN will help advance our academic and professional careers.

2. Hi Chloe. I love you post!
    I quite agree with you that PLN can show our development and growth, which will be helpful for our future choice. And we can Show our skills to more people. PLN can indeed be an effective tool in the future to realize our ideals.
    Joerica 🙂